Sunday, October 20, 2019

Simchas Torah (AKA "Easy Simchas Torah Potato Chip Flag")

Whew--the end of the season is upon us!  Today, Penina and a friend took a special "only-running-during-the-Holidays" bus at 5:30 a.m. so they could daven at dawn for Hoshanah Raba at the Kotel!

But the main reason I'm writing this post is to remind myself next year of what easy crafts I like to bring to shul for the holiday, since it's a big time to give out goodies to the kids (and, who am I kidding, to the adults, too).  I searched earlier today to find a link to how to make an "Easy Simchas Torah Potato Chip Flag" and, oh my, couldn't find anything.  So here you go world: here's my post :)


Steps: 1) take a mini bag of potato chips (I used TapuChips 18 gram bags)
2) put a regular drinking straw at one end of the bag
3) fold the edge of the bag over on itself and tape down (I used white duct tape)
4) take a tiny piece of tape and put it around the bottom of the bag, sticking to the straw (otherwise, I have found that the straw is not secured and often falls out)
5) wave your flag!

Ilana made teeny Torahs out of Winkies/Zazas/umm, can't remember what we called them when I was a kid (help me out here, Deb!)

Steps: 1) glue stick two candies together (hot glue gun was not necessary, glue stick worked fine)
2) put a small sticky note around the front
3) tie with a little piece of ribbon

Chag Sameach!



No comments:

Post a Comment