Thursday, April 2, 2020

These are the things that count as newsworthy in my life these crazy days:

Woohoo--Chana is finally free to leave the house!  Her first big adventure was taking out the trash to the bins at the end of the street (a coveted expedition these days, now that Israelis are only allowed to go 100 m from our houses unless we're going for food or medical care).  We celebrated by putting a "Welcome Home" sign on the door and singing "Siman Tov u'Mazal Tov" when she returned:






The city is also trying to make staying indoors easier by sending out a Simcha mobile to liven things up--a flatbed truck with a DJ with lights and a fog machine and a couple of motivators (some wearing masks) encouraging us to all come out and dance on our balconies.  Love it!


I've been trying to get the hashtag #tinyruns to popularize, although since I'm only posting in the 10-person running group I belong to, I'm not aspiring to Frindle-like popularity.  Here, for example, are two of my recent runs:
last 10k for a while--March 19

#tinyrun of 3 km: 100 m back and forth and back and forth and back.....How that guy ran a marathon in his living room I cannot imagine!
Penina was supposed to have gone to Poland and returned by now.  We are hoping that she will get another chance to go next year, before she graduates high school.  What the heck--I made her a welcome home sign as well (although I needed to open the door to show her, since she hadn't left the house that day):

Perhaps unsurprisingly, she said that Poland felt quite similar to here....

Lastly, although life in general feels stressful due to the "Zombie Apocalypse" (as we call it), my personal and familial life has taken a large step down on the stress scale since I got laid off from work 1.5 weeks ago (and, even better, my last direct patient contact was two weeks ago, so, in spite of all my beloved students who coughed on me while being examined, baruch Hashem, I'm still here).  The downside of being employed by a company that works almost exclusively with gap year students and tourists is, well, I'm sure abundantly apparent to everyone reading this....

Hang in there, wash those hands and stay safe, everyone!






1 comment:

  1. I love reading your updates, they always make me smile. Glad to know you are all well. Chag Pesach Sameach to you all.

    ReplyDelete