Sunday, October 29, 2023

Signs of War (literally)

I've taken some photos lately of....signs to share:

Going shopping is a new experience: do you know where the protected area is where you're shopping (if there even is one)?

                                    

And once I was done grocery shopping (the protected area in by the eggs; you should never need to know), I crossed the street and saw this outside my favorite clothing store:


Sign announcing that "this store has a protected area" (and then the store's name, in case people thought it was the bakery next door. I was glad to see the sign because I had no idea that store had a safe room and, in my opinion, that's a pretty good selling point these days)






















The fish store and the sandwich restaurant: "Together We Will Be Victorious





Kids are spending a lot of time making signs to hang all around. So great to see. This one says, "One people. One heart. We will win"

I called for info about possibly joining a new ulpan language program (I have registered with the government to be a volunteer nurse at a Jerusalem-area hospital if it should so be needed. Now I just need to get my language skills vastly, hugely improved in case I get called.....). With the registration materials, they helpfully included a list of handy words people need to know these days, including "Rocket", "Safe Room" and



And cousin Jillian got these beauties on her Duolingo.....






































No comments:

Post a Comment