Thursday, October 12, 2023

War Day 6

 Incoming rocket siren in our city this afternoon.....I was with "my lovely lady" and we hustled into their family's safe room. Rest of my family was at our house. One of my kids was in the shower mid leg-shave (photo posted with approval ;)):


Good we can have some laughs!!!

More cookies were baked for soldiers. Feels a little like "lather, rinse, repeat".....

I got the good news that we made so much food yesterday for the displaced family that they shared it with another family who just arrived in the neighborhood today (double mitzvot?!)

In more somber news, a woman on my shul chat asked how her two teenage sons could volunteer to dig graves......And my friend Sharon, in a separate exchange, showed me a photo of her teen grandsons up until 4 a.m. actually digging graves in Jerusalem. Update: over 1300 Israelis killed.....Over 3300 wounded.....

We're all looking for ways to bring more light into the world now. Women and girls: please join the "Global Prayer for Peace in Israel" and light Shabbat candles (tea light candles are fine) tomorrow evening 18 minutes (or more) before sundown. You can find out the time by clicking here


No comments:

Post a Comment